Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Restaurant Review: The Real Deal

I bought a Living Social to The Real Deal a while ago!  It was $15 for $30 worth of food, a fact I had forgotten when P. and I decided to go try it out.  When we arrived I actually looked at the deal and we began compiling what we were going to order.

The menu at The Real Deal is extensive.  SO MANY OPTIONS.  P. and I had to go sit down to formulate our plan:

  • The Zombie Burger (P.)
  • Carmela Soprano (Me)
  • Spicy Curly Fries
  • Mozzarella Sticks
We placed our order and asked what our total was.  $26!  In a pinch we added on two cupcakes, chocolate cake with white icing for me and chocolate on chocolate for P.!

When our food was ready we brought it back to the table and stared at it in amazement.


S. insists that the curly fries here are the best, and since the grease was already soaking through the bag it seemed promising.


This shot shows almost all of the food, you can see the cupcakes in the plastic container.

P. and I focused our energy on the fried foods as they tend to not heat up well.  We polished off the mozzarella sticks with only a little trouble and ate a decent amount of fries although both of us only took about two bites of our paninis/burgers.

We then walked the leftovers home and ate the cupcakes.  They were GOOD!  Like really good, surprisingly tasty!

The next morning I used S.'s cast iron panini press to warm up my sandwich and stuck the remaining curly fries in the toaster oven topped with BBQ sauce.  I would say that the food was even better left over.  Initially I hadn't been too taken with my Carmela Soprano but reheated it was delicious!


Overall I would definitely return to The Real Deal.  I'd love to try their pizza and would definitely reorder the Carmela Soprano if only to let it sit in the fridge for a day before eating.  If I saw another Living Social I'd buy it but then bring maybe 5 people versus only P. so that we don't have to look like such pigs!

-N.

No comments:

Post a Comment