Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pre-Party Planning

It's time!  S and I were hosting our very first party!  Okay, technically I guess S, me and our other two roommates were really hosting, but we all know it was really our party.

I had the day off while S was at work so I got to work, cleaned my room, did some laundry, took the trash out, etc.  I was pretty pumped because this was the first party I'd ever hosted.  A week before we'd done the actual work, which consisted of making a facebook event and inviting everyone we even remotely knew.

At around 7pm I headed off to the liquor store to get the goods, with my roommate's grocery cart in tow.  S and I had each generously donated $20 into the liquor pot, and I had beer on my list.  I wandered into Blanchards and began poking around; PBR, Budweiser, Corona, too many options!

One thing that I think brings S and I together, yet draws us apart, is our indecision.  I've improved significantly in the past four years, but it can still be like pulling teeth to make me choose something.  And when there is pressure, like will my guests like my beer choices? then the indecision is worse.

So, after about 10 minutes I had a 24pk of Dos Equis and a 30pk of PBR in the cart and was heading back home.  I glanced at the receipt and saw they had undercharged me...score!  That left $10 still in our budget, so I went to Harvest Co-op, asked a nice cashier to watch the cart-o-liquor and went to get S some cider.

Another 10 minutes went by while S decided on what cider she wanted, and I was out the door again!  Pushing my cart like the badass granny alcoholic I am.  Party time!

-N

No comments:

Post a Comment