Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Apple Turnovers

I went home to NH this weekend to do some good ole fashioned apple picking. I was going to make a pie but decided that turnovers would be more portable. Which is key, because I like to bring dessert with me everywhere.

I used the first recipe I found online, here. It was fairly straightforward, and the only thing I had to buy was the frozen puff pastry.

I somehow tricked N. into cutting up the apples for me. We used 4 large apples. I think they were Red Rome (I didn't pay much attention when I was picking because I was too busy shivering and eating other apples).



They made some funny noise while cooking. N. bravely investigated.


The fire alarm only went off once during cooking, which I would declare a success. I think it was actually just low on battery, so not my fault at all!


I glazed the tops with confectioners sugar mixed with vanilla almond milk. The glaze was delicious. I may have eaten 3 spoonfuls of it straight. Only feel a little sick now. N. and I split a turnover.


Lesson learned: Puff pastry is magical. I honestly think you could put anything in it and it would be good.


-S.

No comments:

Post a Comment