Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Post-Party Clean-up

Genius plan.  We will use the bottle deposits from Party 1 to pay for Party 2!  And, since we made people BYOB, theoretically we would be making even more money!

Unfortunately I didn't factor in the fact that my roommate would take out about 1/2 of the bottles during the party.  And that someone would clear out our recycling bin before I checked the next morning.

Wait approximately three weeks for me to find the time/desire to walk to the liquor store and it's finally post-party clean-up time!

The bottles/cans filled two large paper sacks and three standard plastic bags, which I waddled over to the library and then the store with.  Success!  Finally, this task had been staring at me from my to-do list for a while now.

I started putting the bottles in (my first time dealing with the Bottle Bill) and the machine promptly said, FULL.  No problem, call a staff person over to clear it out and start again.  Only it doesn't accept Harpoon Cider bottles, and also doesn't like that one of our guests peeled the label off a bottle.  Picky picky.

About 45 minutes worth of labor later (this is a guess based on packing/travel/dumping time) and I went up to the counter with my receipts.  To collect my $3.30.  So much for that being a good use of my time.  Oh and I had to spend the rest of the afternoon smelling like a drunken hobo.


-N

No comments:

Post a Comment