Monday, March 4, 2013

Whoopie Pies

 What N. failed to mention in her last post is that S. and I made carrot cake whoopie pies that we ate before watching Star Wars! We used this recipe. I got to use my wonderful whoopie pie pan, which is always a thrill.


 I recently learned that you can make your own confectioner's sugar by putting normal sugar in the blender! Who knew?! It worked pretty well.



 The cake part turned out ok, but the carrot flavor was a bit overpowered by all the spices, especially the nutmeg.

I was going to roll the sides in coconut flakes and pecans, like the recipe says, but I forgot.


The frosting was amazing though. It had sugar, cream cheese, and real maple syrup in it. S. and I ate a lot of it by the spoonful. Then later, G. licked the hand beater clean while the rest of us ate real dinner. 


Watch out, this one has a face!


Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment